Tuition, Fees & Payments
Spring 2015 PAYMENT DEADLINE
JANUARY 6, 2015
Tuition and fees are due BEFORE classes begin. IF FULL PAYMENT AND/OR ARRANGEMENT (FINANCIAL AID OR INSTALLMENT PLAN) HAS NOT BEEN MADE BY THE CORRESPONDING DEADLINE DATE ABOVE, YOU WILL BE DROPPED FROM YOUR CLASSES. Installment plans are only available for the Spring and Fall terms.
Under the direction of the Board of Trustees, any and all fees may be increased or decreased, and new fees may be established when deemed necessary. Tuition and fees are not capped. They are charged for each hour taken. Effective for the fall term 2014.
|Full-Time Tuition and Fees|
For One Semester
|In-State and *Border States|
($139 x 15 hours)
|Full-Time Tuition and Fees|
For One Year
|In-State and *Border States||$4,170|
($139 x 30 hours)
($380 x 30 hours)
Fees include registration, student health, fitness center access, activity, athletic, campus center, technology, student recreation center, library, and facilities. Other fees may apply.
*Border state tuition is $380 per credit hour with a discount of $241 per credit hour for a net charge per credit hour of $139, the same rate as in-state residents. In-state (Arkansas) and border state rates include residents (at least six consecutive months) of Oklahoma, Missouri, Tennessee, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Texas.
- Payment may be made by debit card, credit card, or personal check. Debit / credit cards accepted include Visa, MasterCard, & Discover. You will receive a confirmation e-mail of your payment from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a student, once you sign in to LionsLink click the Cashier's Office link and choose the desired transaction.
- If you are unable to make full payment of your current charges, you may choose from three (3) Installment Plan Agreements that cover eligible current semester charges on your student account after financial aid has been applied. Past due balances cannot be included in the installment plan. To successfully set up an Installment Plan Agreement, you must select a plan and pay the first payment plus the service charge associated with the plan agreement. The service charge is nonrefundable. Students must set up a payment plan and pay the first installment payment on or before the published payment due date in order to avoid being dropped from their classes. Installment plans are not available for the Summer terms.
- Installment plans for the Spring 2015 semester will be available starting November 14, 2014. The deadline to sign up for these plans and pay the first installment payment is January 6, 2015. Payment of the first installment and the plan service charge is required to successfully complete the Installment Plan Agreement. Please note that installment plans cannot be set up at the Cashier's Office. All installment plans must be set up through the Online Payment Center. UAFS does not store your bank account or credit card information to be used for subsequent payments. Bank account or credit card information must be entered each time a payment is made online.
- Third party payers such as parents, etc. will need to know the following information to make a payment online.
1. Student ID number
2. Last Name
3. First Name
4. Date of Birth
- Students can enroll for direct deposit of refunds into a checking or savings account. Information needed includes 1) Bank Routing Number, 2) Bank Account Number, and 3) Bank Account Type (checking or savings)
- Please note that establishing an installment plan, setting up direct deposit, or paying a housing deposit can only be done through the student's LionsLink access, not through the parent payment link.
You may pay your tuition and fees, pay a housing deposit, set up direct deposit, or set up an installment plan from the convenience of your home using the Online Payment Center. Parents may also pay tuition and fees online. If you need assistance, please call the Cashier’s Office at 479-788-7060.
You will receive a receipt if your online transaction was successfully completed. Print your receipt by clicking ‘Printable Version’. Keep your receipt for proof of successful completion of your transaction. An email will also be sent containing a copy of your receipt.
***Important note!! Installment Plan Payments are not automatically withdrawn from your account or charged to your credit card!! Each payment must be initiated by you, and the account information must be entered for each payment!!
An Installment Plan may be set up if you do not have enough financial aid to cover your charges and cannot pay your balance in full by 5:00 p.m. on January 6, 2015. AVOID BEING DROPPED FOR NON-PAYMENT BY HAVING AN INSTALLMENT PLAN IN PLACE BY 5:00 p.m. on JANUARY 6, 2015. Installment Plans must be set up online. In order to successfully complete your installment plan, the installment plan fee plus your first installment payment must be paid at the time the plan is set up. Installment Plans for Spring 2015 will be available beginning November 14, 2014.
If you re-enroll or enroll in additional classes after January 6, 2015, the drop for non-payment deadline is 5:00 p.m. on January 9, 2015. You must pay in full, have enough financial aid to cover charges, or have an installment plan in place by this time to avoid being dropped from your classes.
If you re-enroll or enroll in additional classes after January 9, 2015, the drop for non-payment deadline is 5:00 p.m. on January 15, 2015. You must pay in full, have enough financial aid to cover charges, or have an installment plan in place by this time to avoid being dropped from your classes. Classes dropped on or after the first day of the term will result in prorated charges for tuition and fees.
Installment Set Up Instructions
|University of Arkansas - Fort Smith|
|Rates - Tuition & Mandatory Fees (effective Fall 2014)|
|Tuition and per-credit hour fees are not capped. They are changed for each hour taken.|
|In-State: In-state rate includes residents ( at least 6 consecutive months) of Arkansas. Oklahoma, Missouri, Tennessee, Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas will be charged out-of-state but will have a discount for the difference between out-of-state and in-state..|
|Semester Hours||Tuition||Fees per Hour||Fees per Semester||Total In-State|
|Semester Hours||Tuition||Fees per Hour||Fees per Semester||Total Out-of-State|