Tuition, Fees & Payments
Tuition and fees are due BEFORE classes begin. IF FULL PAYMENT AND/OR ARRANGEMENT (FINANCIAL AID OR INSTALLMENT PLAN) HAS NOT BEEN MADE BY THE CORRESPONDING DEADLINE DATE ABOVE, YOU WILL BE DROPPED FROM YOUR CLASSES. Installment plans are only available for the Spring and Fall terms.
Subsequent Drop Date
Final Drop Date
Summer I 2015
May 26, 2015
May 28, 2015
June 4, 2015
Summer II 2015
June 29, 2015
July 2, 2015
July 9, 2015
August 10, 2015
August 13, 2015
August 20, 2015
Under the direction of the Board of Trustees, any and all fees may be increased or decreased, and new fees may be established when deemed necessary. Tuition and fees are not capped. They are charged for each hour taken. Effective for the fall term 2014.
|Full-Time Tuition and Fees|
For One Semester
|In-State and *Border States|
($139 x 15 hours)
|Full-Time Tuition and Fees|
For One Year
|In-State and *Border States||$4,170|
($139 x 30 hours)
($380 x 30 hours)
Fees include registration, student health, fitness center access, activity, athletic, campus center, technology, student recreation center, library, and facilities. Other fees may apply.
*Border state tuition is $380 per credit hour with a discount of $241 per credit hour for a net charge per credit hour of $139, the same rate as in-state residents. In-state (Arkansas) and border state rates include residents (at least six consecutive months) of Oklahoma, Missouri, Tennessee, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Texas.
Parent Online Business Center - Click Here
Parents and other third party payers will need to know the student ID number, last name, first name, and date of birth to make a payment online.
Student Online Business Center - Requires student password
To reach the Student Online Business Center log into My.UAFS.edu, click the Students tab, click Banner-Self Service (BSS), click Online Business Center
- Payment may be made by debit card, credit card, or personal check. Debit / credit cards accepted include Visa, MasterCard, & Discover. You will receive a confirmation e-mail of your payment from email@example.com.
- If you are unable to make full payment of your current charges, you may choose from three (3) Installment Plan Agreements that cover eligible current semester charges on your student account after financial aid has been applied. Past due balances cannot be included in the installment plan. To successfully set up an Installment Plan Agreement, you must select a plan and pay the first payment plus the service charge associated with the plan agreement. The service charge is nonrefundable. Students must set up a payment plan and pay the first installment payment on or before the published payment due date in order to avoid being dropped from their classes. Installment plans are not available for the Summer terms.
- Installment plans for the Fall 2015 semester will be available starting July 2, 2015. The deadline to sign up for these plans and pay the first installment payment is August 10, 2015. Payment of the first installment and the plan service charge is required to successfully complete the Installment Plan Agreement. Please note that installment plans cannot be set up at the Cashier's Office. All installment plans must be set up through the Online Payment Center. UAFS does not store your bank account or credit card information to be used for subsequent payments. Bank account or credit card information must be entered each time a payment is made online.
- Students can enroll for direct deposit of refunds into a checking or savings account. Information needed includes 1) Bank Routing Number, 2) Bank Account Number, and 3) Bank Account Type (checking or savings)
- Please note that establishing an installment plan, setting up direct deposit, or paying a housing deposit can only be done through the student's Online Business Center not through the parent payment link.
You may pay your tuition and fees, pay a housing deposit, set up direct deposit, or set up an installment plan from the convenience of your home using the Online Payment Center. Parents may also pay tuition and fees online. If you need assistance, please call the Cashier’s Office at 479-788-7060.
You will receive a receipt if your online transaction was successfully completed. Print your receipt by clicking ‘Printable Version’. Keep your receipt for proof of successful completion of your transaction. An email will also be sent containing a copy of your receipt.
***Important note!! Installment Plan Payments are not automatically withdrawn from your account or charged to your credit card!! Each payment must be initiated by you, and the account information must be entered for each payment!!
An Installment Plan may be set up if you do not have enough financial aid to cover your charges and cannot pay your balance in full by 5:00 p.m. on August 10, 2015. AVOID BEING DROPPED FOR NON-PAYMENT BY HAVING AN INSTALLMENT PLAN IN PLACE BY 5:00 p.m. on August 10, 2015. Installment Plans must be set up online. In order to successfully complete your installment plan, the installment plan fee plus your first installment payment must be paid at the time the plan is set up. Installment Plans for Fall 2015 will be available beginning July 2, 2015.
If you re-enroll or enroll in additional classes after August 10, 2015, the drop for non-payment deadline is 5:00 p.m. on August 13, 2015. You must pay in full, have enough financial aid to cover charges, or have an installment plan in place by this time to avoid being dropped from your classes.
If you re-enroll or enroll in additional classes after August 13, 2015, the drop for non-payment deadline is 5:00 p.m. on August 20, 2015. You must pay in full, have enough financial aid to cover charges, or have an installment plan in place by this time to avoid being dropped from your classes. Classes dropped on or after the first day of the term will result in prorated charges for tuition and fees.
Installment Set Up Instructions
|University of Arkansas - Fort Smith|
|Rates - Tuition & Mandatory Fees (effective Fall 2014)|
|Tuition and per-credit hour fees are not capped. They are changed for each hour taken.|
|In-State: In-state rate includes residents ( at least 6 consecutive months) of Arkansas. Oklahoma, Missouri, Tennessee, Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas will be charged out-of-state but will have a discount for the difference between out-of-state and in-state..|
|Semester Hours||Tuition||Fees per Hour||Fees per Semester||Total In-State|
|Semester Hours||Tuition||Fees per Hour||Fees per Semester||Total Out-of-State|
Graduate student tuition charges are based on the number of credit hours taken and residency/non-residency status. Tuition is established by the University of Arkansas Board of Trustees and is set annually and subject to change without written notice. Students must pay their tuition and fees or make financial arrangements with the Cashier's Office by the posted payment deadlines. Installment plans are available through the Cashier's Office on the University website.
Tuition and Fees
In-State (students who live in Arkansas)
$350 per credit hour
Out of State / International Students
$550 per credit hour
Program / Service Specific Fees
Graduate Health Sciences Program Fee
|$20 per credit hour|
Graduate Distance Education Course Fees
$40 per credit hour
Graduate Technology Fee
|$13 per credit hour|
|Graduate Library Fee|
$3 per credit hour
Graduate Admission Application Fee
Graduate Studies Graduation Fee
*pending University of Arkansas System Board approval
Military personnel assigned to active duty in Arkansas, their spouses and their dependents shall be accorded in-state status.
Refund of Tuition
When a student officially withdraws from a credit course, tuition is refunded according to the following schedule.
|Date of Official Withdrawal||Fall / Spring Semester||Summer Semester|
|Before the first day of the semester||100%||100%|
|During the first week of the semester||75%||50%|
|During the second week of the semester||None||None|