Secondary Education Preparation
The College of Education is committed to excellence in teacher preparation for Secondary Education professional licensure through classroom instruction and extensive field experiences. Coursework with specialists from across the university and with specialists in the College of Education supports degree programs in
- Biology With Life or Earth Science Teacher Licensure 7 - 12 - for more information, contact Dr. David McClellan 479-788-7959
- Chemistry With Physical Or Earth Science Teacher Licensure7 - 12 - for more information, contact Dr. Jim Belcher 479-788-7968
- English With Teacher Licensure7 - 12 - for more information, contact Dr. Cammie Sublette 479-788-7615
- History With Social Studies Teacher Licensure 7 - 12 - for more information, contact Dr. Bob Willoughby 479-788-7243
- Mathematics With Teacher Licensure - for more information contact Roberta Parks 479-788-7777
- Bachelor of Music Education - for more information contact contact Dr. Edward White 479-788-7547.
- Spanish With Teacher Licensure -for more information contact Dr. Brenda Ross 479-788-7973
- Coaching Endorsement - Professional Learning Outcomes - for more information, contact Kim Tomlinson 479-788-7942
These programs are designed to help students integrate what they learn and to encourage them to apply their knowledge in real-life situations. Through detailed familiarity with a primary discipline—as well as an additional concentration in Educational Studies—students will develop a broad understanding of the world in which they live and will graduate prepared to assume professional roles as “highly qualified teachers.”
The Professional Education Unit at the University of Arkansas - Fort Smith was established to serve public and private schools, as well as other educational agencies in Western Arkansas and Eastern Oklahoma, and is becoming national leader in the preparation of teachers for schools where they are needed.
To learn more about Secondary Level Teacher Licensure Programs at the University of Arkansas - Fort Smith,
Contact: Luanne Lewis
Secondary Education Coordinator