**This page is only pertinent to NEW residents. Current residents should go to the Current Residents page. Thank you!**
Thank you for considering campus housing at UAFS! This page has all the information you need to know to apply! If you still have questions, please give our Housing Office a call at (479) 788-7340.
Housing is assigned on a first come, first serve basis. The Priority Deadline for Fall 2014 housing is March 20, 2014. This deadline will provide the highest chance of receiving the roommate of your choice, but housing applications are accepted on a continual basis.
First Things First:
o Apply for Admission – Make sure you meet the requirements for Admission. You can find admission requirements at http://www.uafs.edu/admissions/admission-requirements. You must be a current student to live on campus.
o Apply for Financial Aid – many scholarships, grants, and loans can be applied toward part or all of housing. Check out http://uafs.edu/financialaid/financial-aid for more information.
Now for Housing:
o Ensure you meet the Eligibility Requirements to live on campus.
- Residents need to be enrolled in a minimum of twelve (12) credits each fall and spring semester. If the resident wants to live on campus during the summer, they must be enrolled in three credits for each summer session.
- Be eligible to enroll at UAFS
- Not have a significant criminal or conduct history
- Not have children or pets living with him/her
- Select and carry a meal plan (N/A for summer residency)
o Apply for Housing – you MUST fill out a Housing Application (pdf below) and pay the $75 application fee. The Housing application may be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 479-424-6340, mailed, or dropped off at the Housing Office at 801 N 49th St, Fort Smith, AR 72903. If you email or fax your application you may call the Cashier's Office at (479) 788-7060 to pay with a credit card. If you mail in your application, include your check or money order. Do not send cash. If you pay over the phone, you will need your student ID number which may be obtained from Admissions.
The $75 application fee is NOT a deposit. Filling out an application and paying the non-refundable $75 application fee does NOT guarantee housing. There is a refundable deposit required for occupancy that is due with the signing of a housing contract. Only students who have been assigned a room will receive a housing contract.
- Applications with no proof of payment will be shredded.
- Fill in ALL your information – We can’t let you know where you are going to live without knowing how to contact you.
- List a roommate preference – Their name must be spelled correctly, and they must also list you as a roommate preference to show the mutual agreement. We cannot guarantee you will be placed with your roommate preference.
- Fill out your Room Assignment Preferences (page 2) completely – If you don’t have a preferred roommate, or if we cannot match you with your preferred roommate, this information will be used to assign you to someone with similar living preferences.
- Within two weeks of your paid application being received, you will be notified of its receipt.
- Letters with your room assignments, roommates, meal plans, etc. are sent out on a scheduled basis. The timeline is listed below.
- Any changes you need to make to your Housing application or questions can be either emailed to email@example.com or by calling the Housing Office, 479-788-7340. It is the applicant’s responsibility to cancel their housing application or housing contract in writing. Cancelling admission to the school does not automatically cancel housing.
- Any requested changes made to one’s assignment preferences after they have been assigned will place that request at the date of the request and not from the original application date.
For Spring 2014 Housing: You will receive an email to your UAFS email account in mid-December. Move-in for Spring 2014 for new residents is on Friday, January 10, from 9am - 4pm
For Summer 2014 Housing: You will receive an email to your UAFS email account between May 1 – 10. Move-in for Summer I begins on or after May 20. You will be notified of exact move-in and move-out dates.
For Fall 2014 Housing: Please refer to the table below.
$75 and Application Received By 5pm On:
Assignment Packet* (or email) Mailed By
Contract with $200 Deposit Due By 5pm On:
May 30 – Friday
July 1 – Tuesday
July 11 - Friday
July 31 - Thursday
July 31 - Thursday
August 12 - Tuesday
At time of their move-in
After August 1
After Fall Move-in with potential for earlier
At time of their move-in
* If there is no room for the applicant based on current assignments, a waiting list letter with information will be sent by this date.
Click Here to download the General Housing Application (pdf)