Public Information Department
The Public Information Office at the University of Arkansas - Fort Smith has the primary responsibility of serving as liaison between the news media and the campus community and handling other public relations issues for UAFS.
The PI Office:
- Researches, writes and/or edits news releases and public service announcements for distribution to a variety of print and Web-based publications, as well as radio and television stations
- Arranges and handles logistics for interviews with staff or students as they are requested by news media representatives
- Manages UAFS News on the University of Arkansas - Fort Smith website by posting news releases, taking or selecting photographs to accompany articles and designing the photo space for each release
- Writes articles, fact sheets, letters and statements for UAFS as needed
- Maintains the UAFS Speakers Bureau, including selection of participants, assisting with topic and biographical information, seeking opportunities for UAFS personnel to speak to community groups and providing speakers as requested by local and regional organizations
Public Information Staff
Director of Public Information
University Relations Coordinator
For information our services, policies, logo usage, style guides, and more, please visit the University Relations Toolbox.