Please note the following regarding transcript requests:
- There is no charge for transcripts.
- Students are limited to 10 official transcripts per day.
- Student's signature is REQUIRED to process a transcript request; therefore, telephone requests will not be accepted.
- Please allow 2-3 business days for processing, plus the applicable transit time via the US Postal Service. Allow additional processing time during peak periods of high transcript requests.
- Certain holds will prevent transcript requests from being processed.
- Official transcripts will not be released if there are any outstanding financial obligations to UAFS.
UAFS Transcript Request
Official and unofficial transcripts may be requested in person, by mail, by fax, or UAFS e-mail. Current students can view and print an unofficial transcript through My.UAFS.
- In person at the Records Office, upper level of the Smith-Pendergraft Campus Center. A photo ID is required.
- Download the Request for Transcripts (PDF), complete, print, sign, date and return by mail or fax to the Records Office.
- Send a letter of request. Please include the following information:
- Print full name (including maiden or other married names on records.)
- Social security number or student ID number
- Current address
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Name and complete address where you want this transcript mailed.
- A signature is required on all requests.
Please note that any third party must have a dated, signed, written release from the requestor and photo ID that matches the name on the release in order to pick up the transcript.
Request for Transfer Transcripts
Students are required to furnish official transcript(s) of grades and credits from all previous colleges/universities. Transcripts can be requested by the following options:
- Download the Transcript Release Form , complete, print, sign, and mail to previous institution(s).
- Request previous institution(s) send official transcript(s) to UAFS.
The University of Arkansas – Fort Smith follows the Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board Policies (Appendix H) for the Credit Hour Value and the Length of Term policy.
“Under the semester system, a minimum of fifteen (15) fifty-minute class sessions, excluding labs, is required to award one semester hour of credit.”
University of Arkansas – Fort Smith Institutional Procedure
- Using the formula published by ADHE, departmental faculty determine credit hour value based primarily by the amount of time, the intensity of the educational experience, and the amount of outside preparation required by the student.
- The program/department chair approves the credit hour assignment before the proposal is sent to the dean.
- Each college dean approves the credit hour assignment and shares this information with the Dean’s Council.
- The Curriculum Committee approves the program of study, curriculum and the credit hour assignment and sends approval to the Provost.
- The Provost approves the program of study, curriculum, and credit hour assignment. If courses are part of a new program, then the proposal is sent to Arkansas Department of Higher Education for approval.
Mail Information to:
University of Arkansas - Fort Smith
5210 Grand Avenue
P.O. Box 3649
Fort Smith, AR 72913-3649
In order to view PDF files, you must download and install Adobe Acrobat Reader.