University Learning Outcomes(ULO)
Goal: Students will use critical thinking skills to identify problems/issues and develop solutions/analysis.
- Students will identify a problem or issue.
- Students will research, evaluate, and compare information from varying sources in order to evaluate authority, accuracy, recency, and bias relevant to the problems/issues.
- Students will generate solutions/analysis or problems/issues evaluated.
- Students will assess and justify the solutions and/or analysis.
Goal: Students will assign and use numbers, read and analyze data, create models, draw inferences, and support conclusions based on sound mathematical reasoning.
- Students will apply appropriate mathematical models to solve problems.
- Students will represent mathematical information symbolically, visually, numerically, and verbally, and will interpret models and data with appropriate technology in order to draw inferences.
- Students will recognize the limitations of quantitative analysis.
Goal: Students will communicate proficiently.
- Students will compose coherent documents appropriate to the intended audience.
- Students will effectively communicate orally in a public setting.
- Students will identify ethical dilemmas and affected parties.
- Students will apply ethical frameworks to resolve a variety of ethical dilemmas.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of their discipline in a global environment and apply the principles of their discipline within a global environment.
- Students will demonstrate how their discipline impacts or is impacted by those of
|Nov. 1||Program faculty members determine how to assess the ULOs for that academic year.|
|Fall-Spring||Program faculty members conduct assessments, collect and evaluate data, and assess the ULOs.|
|June 1||The ULO assessment data is submitted through LiveText.|
- Ethical Decision Making (2018-19)
- Global and Cultural Perspectives (2019-20)
- Communication Skills (2020-21)
- Analytical Skills (2021-22)
- Summarize the results for each ULO Goal. Specifically describe how the assessment results were used to improve student learning in your program. Using this data, determine the ULO assessment of the ULO 4.0 Cycle.