Student Research Symposium
About the Symposium
The annual Student Research Symposium provides an opportunity for UAFS students to present what they have learned from their research experience to fellow students, faculty, and the community. The Student Research Symposium includes poster and oral presentation sessions across all academic disciplines. This year's symposium will be an asynchronous virtual event and will be available on-line April 19, 2021. The deadline for application submissions is Monday, March 1, 2021.
Students actively carrying out research should apply. Students not involved in research are encouraged to attend and learn about the broad range of research being done at UAFS. This symposium allows students to learn from one another and become involved in interdisciplinary discourse.
- Ask a faculty member to sponsor your presentation.
- Select a presentation format (oral, poster, studio art, etc.).
- No student may be part of multiple applications/projects.
- Groups may have five people maximum - no exceptions. Submissions from groups containing more than five people will be rejected.
- Follow the instructions to prepare your abstract.
- All applications and abstracts must be proofread and approved by the sponsoring faculty member. Poorly written abstracts will not be considered for participation in the symposium.
- Your sponsor must submit your application and abstract for review by March 1, 2021, via the individual or group application forms available below.
- After the symposium, winning presenters will submit a final research paper or poster file via email by May 1.