Financial Literacy Test
The Financial Literacy Test is a way for students enrolled in FIN 1521 to test out of the course. To test out of the course, students must take the exam during the first five days of the class. Students should stay enrolled in FIN 1521 until completing the challenge exam. If a student receives a passing score of 70% or better, it is their responsibility to drop the FIN 1521 course by the fifth day to receive a full refund. Students are only eligible to take the exam once.
How to register
- Obtain a FIN 1521 Personal Finance Application form from your advisor.
- Pay a fee of $20 to the Cashier's Office before scheduling the exam or click here to pay online.
- Email Dr. Latisha Settlage to schedule the exam. Be prepared to send her both the application and a copy of the receipt.
- Watch your email for additional instructions from Dr. Settlage.
- Complete the exam in BlackBoard on the date and time scheduled. Students will immediately see their score.
- If the exam is passed, contact your advisor for instructions on dropping FIN 1521 before the deadline (fifth day of class) to receive a full refund.