Master of Science in Healthcare Administration
Advance your career with a master's in healthcare administration.
Health care administrators play a significant part in improving the health of the citizens in the communities they serve through planning, directing, and coordinating various aspects of health services as well as shaping healthcare policy. Whether you already have a background in healthcare or are looking to transition into the field in a leadership role, the Master of Science in healthcare administration is the next step in advancing your career.
Our mission is to provide working professionals, practitioners, and those wanting to advance their careers in health care management with the knowledge and skills necessary to be competent, ethical, and innovative leaders who can successfully manage and lead their health care organizations and communities. Our MHCA program helps you develop the core competencies necessary for leaders to deal specifically with the U.S healthcare marketplace. This online program is designed to prepare health care professionals to successfully manage and lead healthcare organizations.
Courses provide information related to the healthcare system and the environment in which healthcare managers and providers function; general healthcare management and business principles, including systems thinking; professionalism, ethical behavior and emotional intelligence; communication and relationship management skills; and leadership skills and behavior.
Employment in medical and health services managers are currently in high demand and are expected to continue growing. Employment opportunities are available in hospitals, assisted living centers, community and home health clinics, primary care, mental healthcare providers, physician's clinics, and pediatric centers.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Leadership by demonstrating transformational leadership that inspires individual, team, and organizational excellence.
- Communication and Relationships by demonstrating clear and concise communicate skills, establish and maintain relationships, and facilitate constructive interactions with individuals and groups.
- Professionalism and Ethics by practicing professionalism and ethical behavior through personal and professional accountability, employ a service orientation, and display a commitment to lifelong learning and improvement.
- Health Care Systems and Environment by demonstrating an in-depth understanding of healthcare systems and the environment in which health care managers and providers operate.
- Health Care Management and Business by utilizing business principles, including systems thinking, in the health care environment.
The Master of Science in healthcare administration online program is approved by the
Arkansas Department of Higher Education (ADHE) and accredited by the Higher Learning
Commission (HLC). The MHCA program holds an Association of University Programs in Healthcare Administration (AUPHA) which requires demonstrating program excellence through a peer-evaluation
process. The program is aligning with the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare
Management Education (CAHME) criteria before seeking CAHME accreditation.