Bachelor of Science in Nursing
A career in nursing is closer than you think with an accelerated BSN.
The accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program in the Carolyn McKelvey Moore
School of Nursing allows bachelor degree holders to obtain a BSN in as little as 15
months. Theory, laboratory and clinical practice may be scheduled in the morning,
afternoon, evening, and weekend hours to provide optimal learning experiences.
A separate admission process is required for this program. Application are due by March 1 for fall entry.
What can I do with an accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing?
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be able to:
- Use the nursing process and critical thinking to promote, maintain, and restore the health of individuals and families throughout the lifespan.
- Evaluate the application of research findings to support evidence-based practice.
- Communicate effectively using interpersonal, written, and technological strategies.
- Integrate leadership and management skills in the provision of cost-effective quality health care.
- Individualize culturally and ethnically sensitive health promotion strategies with individuals, families, populations and communities in a variety of settings.
- Model professional role development through nursing behaviors consistent with professional standards.
This program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.