Rhetoric & Writing
Bachelor of Arts
A degree in rhetoric and writing prepares you for a career in a variety of communications fields.
Effective communication and analytical skills are a necessity in almost every career pursuit. Every field requires competent communication specialists who understand the basics of formulating an idea, structuring it in a logical format, and delivering it in a way that informs, persuades, and enlightens. The Bachelor of Arts in rhetoric and writing focuses specifically on effective communication skills through intensive writing and editing classes.
What can I do with a degree in rhetoric and writing?
This degree equips graduates a valuable set of communication skills that are applicable to almost any career sector. While some graduates have chosen to continue their education in graduate degree programs, others have begun careers in a variety of roles such as:
- Social Media or Content Manager
- Technical Writer
- Creative Writer
- Grant Writer and/or Fundraiser
Certificate of Proficiency
This 9-hour program provides you with fundamental coursework in editing for usage, style, and clarity; writing for the workplace; and visual rhetoric.
- produce a variety of texts in response to differing rhetorical contexts.
- produce effective texts in response to differing rhetorical contexts.
- produce texts which demonstrate their engagement with communities and issues outside the classroom.
- reflect on your portfolio (process and product) and articulate a definition of the scope and value of rhetoric.