Service & Assistance Animals
If you wish to utilize a service or assistance animal on campus, contact Student ADA Services at 479-788-7577.
SERVICE ANIMALS IN PUBLIC AREAS
SERVICE ANIMALS OR ASSISTANCE ANIMALS IN ON-CAMPUS HOUSING
- First meet with the ADA coordinator for an intake meeting. This may be scheduled by calling 479-788-7577, emailing ADA@uafs.edu, or going to Flanders 114. This meeting will consist of understanding your disability and the need for a service or assistance animal in residential areas and ensuring you know the policy and procedures. You will receive a copy of the policy and all necessary documents that must be completed and returned.
- Gather the required information and completed documentation and submit it to ADA Services for review. Remember, no animal may be present in any residential area of campus until the entire process is complete.
- If approved, the ADA coordinator will contact you to schedule a second meeting to sign the necessary paperwork.
- Once approved by the ADA coordinator, you will next schedule a meeting with the resident director of your housing facility by emailing email@example.com or going to the Housing Office in Sebastian Commons.
- Absent extraordinary circumstances, only one animal will be approved per student.
- Ordinarily, unless directed and needed otherwise, an approved service or assistance animal may not be present in residential areas of campus until 10 business days have passed after it has been approved by Housing and Residential Life.
If you have any additional questions, send an email to ADA@uafs.edu or call 479-788-7577.