Move-in Day Information
2023-2024 Move-in Calendar
|Aug. 4-5, 2023||9-11 a.m.||Cub Camp Staff and International Students|
|Aug. 14, 2023||9-11 a.m.||Registered Move-In Crew Assistants|
|Aug. 16, 2023||9 a.m. to 1 p.m.||Registered Cub Camp Attendees|
|Aug. 18-19, 2023||9 a.m. to 1 p.m.||Sebastian Commons Residents|
|Aug. 19, 2023||9 a.m. to 1 p.m.||Lion’s Den Residents|
|Jan. 12, 2024||9 a.m. to 1 p.m.||New Residents|
Move-In Time Slots and Parking Instructions
Our Housing and Residential Life team will email your specific move-in time slot prior to Move-In Day. Please check your official UAFS email for your move-in time and information about parking.
Moving in to the Lion’s Den Residence Hall?
Please follow these instructions to ease congestion and reduce the distance between your vehicle and your room.
To check into your Den room:
- Park in Lot K near the pond at the intersection of Waldron Road and Kinkead Avenue.
- Students, bring your Lions ID with you to the South Lion’s Den Building to check-in and receive your key.
- Students will receive a temporary unloading pass. Place the unloading pass in a visible spot on your vehicle’s dashboard (one per car). This will give you access to Lot H.
- When you are ready to unload, please pull your vehicle(s), with your unloading pass in on display in the dashboard, into Lot H.
- Lot H is an unloading area only. Parking in Lot H is not allowed. This will allow traffic to flow in an orderly manner.
- Unload your vehicle(s) in the unloading zones closest to the building ONLY. The lines may be long, and your patience is appreciated. Our Move-In Crew will be on hand to assist in unloading and helping reduce your time in line.
- Again, please do not park anywhere in Lot H. The driver must stay with the vehicle during unloading. This lot is only for those ready to unload their vehicle(s).
- When you done unloading, drive out of Lot H and turn RIGHT out of the parking lot. Park in Lot F on Waldron Road OR back in Lot K. Only right turns out of Lot H are allowed on Move-In Day.
- Now that you are parked come on back to the Lion’s Den and your student’s items to move in!
There will be volunteers in brightly colored Numa’s Move-In Crew shirts to assist you with your move-in. There will also be a limited number of carts for your use. Please DO NOT take these carts across the street. Once your cart is empty, please return it to the unloading zone for the next UAFS family to use.
Moving in to Sebastian Commons?
Please follow these instructions to ease congestion within the Housing Office.
- Park in Lot D (Campus Center Lot)
- Students, bring your Lions ID to the Sebastian Commons Housing Office to receive your keys. Due to the limited size of the Housing Office, parents and friends will need to remain outside.
- That’s it! Locate your apartment and start moving in.
- Sebastian Commons is a ONE-WAY parking lot. Please drive slowly to ensure pedestrian safety.
- Please do not leave your items unattended and remember to lock your car and apartment door.
- Please feel free to bring your own moving hand truck (dolly).
You can dispose of your trash in the move-in dumpsters located near Building 5 and 7 or in the trash compactor that is located behind the Housing Office. Cardboard recycling is available next to the trash compactor. Help us keep your new home clean by using the large move-in dumpsters.