Adult Degree Completion Program
Turn Work Experience into College Credit
Through the Adult Degree Completion Program (ADCP) at the University of Arkansas - Fort Smith, non-traditional students in the workforce can advance their careers by earning a college degree through a streamlined education experience.
UAFS uses a nationally recognized method of awarding college credit for your experience, whether it's from work, military education, or training and/or certificate programs.
The Adult Degree Completion Program at UAFS has earned the prestigious Malcolm Knowles Award for outstanding adult education program leadership.
The Adult Degree Completion Program is:
- AFFORDABLE - Multiple options are available. Choose the one right for you.
- PERSONALIZED - A dedicated advisor will be with you from your first course to the moment you earn your degree.
- FLEXIBLE - The perfect mix of in-person and online classes allows you to earn your degree while working.
To accelerate degree completion, each student who applies for the program will submit a portfolio of past work for review by the ADCP director. Credit can be awarded so you don't have to take courses on what you already know.
To be eligible for the ADCP, students must:
- Be at least 25 years of age
- Have at least five years of work experience
- Have more than 30 hours of college credit
UAFS will consider those interested in the program who do not meet all eligibility
requirements on a case-by-case basis.