Summer is almost here! The UAFS Department of Music and Theatre faculty and staff are back with a summer of great music camps planned. We hope that your music students will join us for Band Camp (grades 6-12) and Jazz Band Workshop (grades 8-12). High school seniors are also welcome to attend if they are looking for something musical to do over the summer.
Time/Date: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday-Friday, June 12-16
Location: Breedlove Auditorium
Description: Extra fun nighttime activities like bowling and movie night. Band Camp will culminate
on June 16 with a 6 p.m. concert in Breedlove Auditorium.
Registration Deadline: June 9, 2023
Jazz Band Workshop
Time/Date: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday-Friday, June 20-23
Location: Breedlove Auditorium
Description: Extra fun nighttime activities like bowling and movie night. Including Don Bailey
and his Jazz Workshop. Jazz Band Camp will culminate on June 23 with a 6 p.m. concert
in Breedlove Auditorium.
Registration Deadline: June 16, 2023
* Deposits count toward the total amount. Remainder of payment is due on the first day of each camp.
|Band Camp||$50||$185||UAFS Band Camp is a commuter-only camp. Cost includes lunch and a T-shirt.|
|Jazz Band Workshop||$50||$165||UAFS Jazz Band Workshop is a commuter-only camp. Cost includes lunch and a T-shirt.|
Questions? Contact Us
If you have further questions, please call or e-mail Dr. Alexandra Zacharella at 479-788-7972 or Alex.Zacharella@uafs.edu.
Rules and Regulations
Campers are expected to acquaint themselves with the rules, procedures, and standards of conduct established by the UAFS Department of Music Summer Music Camps. A camper who does not fulfill the responsibilities set out by such rules, procedures, and standards of conduct may be subject to disciplinary action including dismissal from camp.
- Campers are required to wear their nametag in clear view at all times.
- Campers are expected to attend ALL scheduled rehearsals, sectionals, and the final camp concert. Attendance will be taken. You must notify a camp instructor if you are unable to attend. Habitual tardiness or missed classes will result in being asked to leave camp without a refund.
- Campers must remain on campus while camp is in session. This includes during lunch. Campers are expected to have lunch in the Lion’s Den. Following lunch campers should return to their scheduled rehearsal.
- Cell phones should not be used during rehearsals, meetings, or sectionals. Turn them off!
- Never leave your personal belongings unattended. UAFS will not be responsible if personal items, including instruments, are stolen or lost due to negligence.
- Clothing must be appropriate. No short shorts, sleeveless t-shirts, or offensive graphics or slogans.
- No bare midriffs or backs are allowed, nor should the camper’s undergarments be exposed.
- Possession of illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia, fireworks, chemicals, gasoline, or other explosives, firearms, illegal knives, clubs, or prohibited weapons is cause for immediate removal from the camp without a refund. Prescription and over-the-counter medication is only allowed if listed on the Medical Release Form.
- Absolutely no form of sexual misconduct, harassment, violence, threats of violence, bullying, or other acts of communication intended to intimidate, harass, or annoy will be tolerated.
- Vandalism and theft will result in immediate dismissal from the camp. Please treat the buildings, equipment, and furniture with care. If vandalism occurs those involved will be financially responsible for all expenses necessary for repair.
- Should your parents need to contact you during camp, they should call 479-788-7530.