Questions? Contact Us.
- Executive Director
- Mon. - Fri.: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Boreham Library 216
Student Professional Development Program
Prepare to Excel
The Center for Student Professional Development (CSPD) at UAFS provides career preparation
programs and services that give students a competitive edge in obtaining internships
and securing employment. By providing informational workshops and networking opportunities,
the center helps students develop a professional portfolio of skills and attributes
that are sought by area, regional, and national employers.
To participate in the workshops and sessions hosted by the CSPD, students must complete a CSPD application and meet the requirements for the Student Professional Development program.
Student Professional Development Program Application
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 at time of program application
- Completed application
Get a head start on your career and stand out from the crowd by earning UAFS's Distinction in Professional Development. Employers regularly seek out graduates who have earned this distinction because they know it represents professional excellence. There are two levels of certificates with each having specific requirements.
- CSPD Orientation
- Basic Resume Writing/Cover Letters
- Interview Skills
- Create a Career Action Plan/NACA Next
- Complete a Skills Assessment/Clifton Strengths
- Utilize LInkedIn in Your Job Search
- Networking 101/Creating an elevator speech
- Telephone/Virtual Interview Skills
- Two (2) student option sessions
Senior-Level Required Workshops
- Job Search
- Practice Interview
- Advanced Resume Writing
- Have 2.75 cumulative GPA upon completion of degree
- Attend at least one (1) career fair during senior year (may include major-specific fairs)
- Attend at least four (4) networking mixer/information sessions (NMIS)
- Attend at least one (1) NMIS per semester in senior year
Complete an internship in the field of study for academic credit,
Participate in two (2) of the following activities:
- Complete a faculty-approved research project
- Complete a MayMester in an approved environment
- Present or compete in an organizational regional, state, or national competition
- Complete 15 hours in an approved campus organization leadership project
- Complete 15 hours in an approved community service leadership activity