Applicants for radiography, surgical technology, or dental hygiene programs are required to take the TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) exam for admission into their desired program. The exam is made up of four separate sections that measure skills necessary for success in the health sciences. The TEAS is not a pass/fail exam, and you should plan approximately four hours for the exam. Scores are used in the ranking of students; the better the score, the higher the ranking. Study materials can be purchased from ATI.
Individuals with questions regarding the radiography, surgical technology, or dental hygiene programs can contact Autumn Perkins, Advising Coordinator for the College of Health Education and Human Sciences, at 479-788-7841 or by email at Autumn.Perkins@uafs.edu.
Applicants must take the TEAS prior to the application deadlines for their desired program. The deadlines are:
- Surgical Technology: April 15, 2023
- Dental Hygiene: May 20, 2023
- Radiography: May 15, 2023
Test at UAFS: Appointments must be scheduled through ATI at least 48 hours in advance of the testing date. Choose "TEAS for Allied Health" as the program type. The availability of the ASC to proctor exams is limited so it is recommended that applicants schedule through ATI as soon as possible. Exams cost $107 and cannot be rescheduled unless there is a documented emergency.
- Applicants must arrive 30 minutes prior to their scheduled testing time. The ASC will not administer exams to applicants who are more than 15 minutes late.
- Testing dates:
- 2/1/2023 at 1pm
- 3/20/2023 at 1pm
- 3/21/2023 at 1pm
- 3/31/2023 at 9am
- 4/7/2023 at 1pm
- 4/14/2023 at 1pm
- 5/15/2023 at 9am
- 5/15/2023 at 1pm
- Students who are registered with the UAFS Student Disability Services office and will
need accommodations must contact their office at least one week in advance of the
desired testing date. Students who are seeking accommodations but are not currently
registered with Student Disability Services must contact their office to determine
if the student would qualify. This should be done 4-6 weeks in advance of their desired
- Student Disabilities Services can be contacted by phone at 479-788-7577 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A permit is required for parking at UAFS. Test takers who do not have a valid parking permit must obtain a temporary parking permit by contacting the Academic Success Center at email@example.com prior to their testing date.
Test from home: Applicants will register and pay the $115 fee through ATI. Choose "ATI Remote Proctor-Allied Health" as the program type. The exam will be proctored by ATI.
- NOTE: ALL APPLICANTS MUST SELECT TO HAVE THEIR SCORES SENT TO UAFS.
- As UAFS is not involved in proctoring these exams, applicants needing accommodations must review and follow ATI's accommodations policies.
- As ATI proctors these exams on a first come, first served basis, the ASC recommends applicants register for an exam at least 4 weeks in advance.
- Applicants must wait at least 14 days before retaking the exam. Multiple exams can be scheduled at once, though they must be at least 14 days apart from one another.
Appointments must be scheduled through ATI. Applicants must also choose "TEAS for Allied Health" as the program type.
NOTE: ALL APPLICANTS MUST SELECT TO HAVE THEIR SCORES SENT TO UAFS.
As UAFS is not involved in proctoring these exams, applicants needing accommodations must review and follow ATI's accommodations policies for PSI testing centers.
Regardless of the testing option that applicants choose, it is recommended that all applicants read ATI's rescheduling policy. THE ASC WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RESCHEDULE OR REFUND YOUR EXAM.