Bachelor of Science
Leverage the creative and technical skills necessary to succeed in the fast-paced field of computing by earning your computer science degree from UAFS.
Computer science is a rapidly changing field encompassing various topics such as software engineering, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, machine learning, cybersecurity, and many others. Graduates who earn their computer science degree are in high demand and often receive job offers up to a year before graduation.
- software engineers
- software developers
- data scientists
- machine learning engineers
- computer systems analysts
- forensic computer analysts
- web and mobile developers
- computer network architects
- database administrators
- vulnerability testers
- data analysts
- information security analysts
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
Concentrations (Select One)
This 12-hour module is recommended for students seeking careers as forensic computer analysts, information security analysts, vulnerability testers, and security engineers. Courses include Applied Cryptography, Cyber Operations, Computer Forensics, and Cyber Crimes.
This 20-hour program provides general in-depth instruction for a broad and deep understanding of foundational concepts and theory in addition to the practical technical skills and abilities desired by employers.
Geographic Information Systems
This 20-hour program provides students with a general overview of GIS mapping and analysis.
Certificates of Proficiency
This 14-hour program provides you with a foundation in the field of computer science. Students learn the foundations of programming and software development through the development of algorithms, data manipulation, and other skills needed to be effective in leveraging code. The certificate can also transfer to the minor or major in computer science.
This 12-hour program provides you with a foundation in the field of data analytics and big data. Students learn the foundations of data analytics and data science, statistical techniques for data, methods of data visualization, systems for managing data in the era of big data analytics, machine learning algorithms, and widely used data science tools and applications.