Bachelor of Science
Open up a world of opportunity with a degree in mathematics.
- Data Analyst
- Federal Agent
- National Security Agency (NSA)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
- Operations Researcher
- Quality Engineer
The teacher licensure option provides an in-depth curriculum taught by accomplished math and education faculty. This program blends advanced theory with hands-on experience to ensure you are prepared to lead your classroom upon graduation. This program is fully accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).There is a separate application for admission into the School of Education.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the mathematics program will be able to:
- demonstrate competency in analyzing and communicating conclusions from meaningful research.
- apply mathematics to the solution of problems in methematics and be able to effectively communicate the solutions in written and oral form.
- demonstrate competency in the theoretical content knowledge of undergraduate mathematics including the writing of valid proofs and properties of fundamental mathematical structures.
- demonstrate knowledge of concepts and theories in mathematics.
This 18-hour program will allow students to effectively conduct research and accurately interpret statistical reports in the media and in journal articles. It will further develop critical thinking and analytic skills. Students will gain experience with hands-on, real-world problems and be equipped with a broader foundation of statistical knowledge and techniques ensuring capable information management.
Certificate of Proficiency
This 9-credit hour program provides curriculum designed for those in helping professions such as human services, health care organizations, educators, and others. Courses include Intermediate Spanish I, II, and Spanish for the Professions. Beginning Spanish I and II or required placement scores are prerequisites for Intermediate Spanish I.