Choose Your Career Field
Explore Your Options
Self-assessments are a great way to realistically appraise yourself and provide a
starting point for career planning. While no test will determine what you should "be,"
there are tools to help you evaluate yourself and find the career that is best for
When making significant career or education decisions, it is important to recognize a few key characteristics about yourself. Being aware of these characteristics will help you choose a major, career, or advanced degree program that may result in a higher level of job satisfaction.
The Focus2 self-assessment measures and identifies your interests, personality, skills, and values. Each self-assessment takes 15-20 minutes depending on the individual. Focus2 combines self-assessment, career and major exploration, decision making, and action planning in one comprehensive tool. These outcomes will help you match your interests, skills, and values to academic or career goals. Plan out your education and career goals by using the Focus2 Workbook.
Ready to take your Focus2 self-assessment?
- If you have never logged in then go to the start page Focus2 assessment and find the "register" button, create an account using your g.uafs.edu email and the access code is "numa".
- Returning students log in with your g.uafs.edu email and password
Once you complete your Focus2 assessment, reach out to our academic advisor or a Career Services team member to review your outcomes and discuss academic and career options. Advisor appointments can be made through your My.UAFS account or Navigate, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Career Exploration (Virtual Job Shadow) - in your My.UAFS under Online Services click the link listed Career Exploration (Virtual Job Shadow) and find videos, education requirements, pay scales for a wide range of career opportunities.
- MyNextMove.org - a federal site with links to careers information.
- JobsMadeReal.com - short videos of a day-in-the-life for many careers.