- In-state (have lived in Arkansas)
- Border state (have lived in Oklahoma, Missouri, Tennessee, Mississippi, Louisiana, or Texas for at least six consecutive months before the beginning of the term for reasons other than attendance at UAFS)
- Out-of-state and international (to determine tuition by legal residence)
Military personnel assigned to active duty in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Tennessee, Mississippi, Louisiana, or Texas shall be accorded in-state status. Spouses and dependents of active-duty personnel shall be accorded in-state status as well, provided they reside in one of the states noted above.
Proof of Residency
- Current permanent driver's license (at least six months old) bearing the address where you reside. Post office box addresses are not acceptable.
- State automobile registration.
- Statement from your employer indicating the date you were employed, length of service, and address where you reside.
- Lease which includes student's name and dates spanning a minimum six-month period.
- Personal or real estate property tax statement from the previous year.
- Payment of state income tax.
- Utility bills dated to cover the six months immediately before the start of the semester and indicating the student's permanent address.