Skip to main contentSkip to main navigationSkip to footer content

Military / Veteran Student Scholarships

GI Bill®

To receive benefits under the GI Bill®, you must first apply to the Department of Veterans Affairs and complete the necessary application available at the Veterans Affairs GI Bill® Website.

At UAFS student-veterans can meet one-on-one with the Veterans Affairs School Certifying Office to learn more about benefits, process paperwork, and certify enrollment. Visit the UAFS Veteran Services webpage for full details.

American Legion Legacy Scholarship

The American Legion’s Legacy Scholarship provides college funding to children of post-9/11 veterans who died on active duty, or those who have a combined VA disability rating of 50 percent or greater. Apply January 1 to April 1. (view details)

AMVETS Scholarships

AMVETS offers scholarships/grants to U.S. Veterans, Active Duty, Guard and Reserves; their spouses as well as their grandchildren. These scholarships are designed to fulfill a financial gap after all Federal/State grants and/or scholarships available to an eligible applicant have been exhausted. (view details)

Paralyzed Veterans of America Scholarship Program

Paralyzed Veterans of America offers funds to PVA members and their immediate family members through their Educational Scholarship Program. PVA will award scholarships in the amount of $2,500 to full-time students and $1,000 to part-time students. (view details)

Veterans of Foreign Wars Youth Scholarships

The VFW offers several youth scholarships for high school and middle school students. Awards as high as $35,000 are available. (view details)

My Career Advancement Account Scholarship

The MyCAA scholarship is a workforce development program that provides up to $4,000 in financial assistance to eligible military spouses for the pursuit or maintenance (including continuing education courses) of a license, certification, or associate's degree necessary to gain employment in an occupation or career field. (view details)