Psychological Services Bureau
Individuals who plan to apply to the radiography, surgical technology, and/or dental
hygiene programs are required to take the Psychological Services Bureau (PSB) for
the Health Occupations Exam.
PSB EXAM INFORMATION
The PSB Health Occupations Aptitude Examination is used by applicants for admission to all of the various health care career choices and can predict an individual’s readiness and capability for successful completion of the educational program. The examination addresses the required prerequisite and acquired educational achievements commensurate with the objectives of the program. It comprises five separate tests that measure abilities, skills, knowledge, and attitudes important for success in the program and career choice.
- Use an online Google Form as your way of registering for a particular date.
- Submit a physical form by referring to the information sheet.
Follow these steps when registering:
- Fill out the PSB Registration Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the online Google Form.
- Pay the non-refundable administration fee of $25 here.
- Contact the ASC to confirm the form and payment have been received.
- Phone: 479-788-7675
- Email: email@example.com
- Pay the non-refundable PearsonVUE fee. (See page 2 of the PSB Registration Information or Cost of the PSB Exam tab below.) The fee amount is dependent upon the type of delivery.
- UAFS charges a non-refundable administration fee of $25.
- There is an additional non-refundable fee because of PSB’s merge with PearsonVUE.
The amount is dependent upon how the exam is delivered.
- You may test on the UAFS campus on specific dates and times with ASC staff acting
as your proctor for a PearsonVUE fee of $60.
The code involved with this option expires after four weeks or after you have taken the exam.
Please understand that you will not be paying the fee associated with PearsonVUE until you have received an email the week before your specified testing date.
- PearsonVUE offers a home-proctored exam in which someone associated with PearsonVUE
will act as your proctor for a fee of $85.
You will be able to schedule the exam on your own within your PearsonVUE account.
With this option, the university is not connected with your requested testing date, and it will be your responsibility to reschedule the exam within your PearsonVUE account, should you need to reschedule.
ASC staff is responsible for setting up the exam and sending your authorization to test directly to PearsonVUE.
- PearsonVUE also offers an on-site testing option at the Pearson Professional Center
at 1401 S. Waldron Rd. STE 208 in Fort Smith for a fee of $100.
Please contact this site at 479-484-5660 for additional information.
With this option the university is not connected with your requested testing date, and it will be your responsibility to reschedule with this Pearson site, should you need to reschedule.
ASC staff is responsible for setting up the exam and sending your authorization to test directly to the Pearson Professional Center via PearsonVUE email alerts.
- You may test on the UAFS campus on specific dates and times with ASC staff acting as your proctor for a PearsonVUE fee of $60.
- PSB registration for spring 2021 will continue for home-proctored and Pearson-proctored exams until May 10.
- Students wanting to utilize these options need to register one to two weeks before their preferred testing date.
- Submit registration soon to ensure a smooth process.
- Please allow approximately three hours for testing.
- Associate of Applied Science in radiography
- Associate of Applied Science in surgical technology
- Bachelor of Science dental hygiene
- Scores are good for two calendar years.
- This is not a pass/fail exam. However, scores are uses in the ranking; the better the score, the higher the ranking.
- Average PSB scores:
- Surgical Technology — 240
- Radiography — 255
- Dental Hygiene — 260
- Total points possible — 380
- Your test results will arrive at the College of Health, Education, and Human Sciences the week following your test.
- You will receive a printed copy of your score after the test.
- If you have questions about the any of these degree programs, contact Autumn Perkins at 479-788-7841 or Autumn.Perkins@uafs.edu.
Suggested Study Books
- PSB Health Occupations Exam Practice Questions
Publisher: Mometrix Media LLC
Publication Date: March 31, 2014
- PSB Health Occupations: Secrets Study Guide
Publisher: Mometrix Media LLC
Publication Date: February 14, 2013
Paperback pages: 170
Please allow approximately three hours for testing.
A permit is required for parking at UAFS. Test takers who do not have a valid parking permit must obtain a temporary parking permit. Please contact the Academic Success Center at 479-788-7675 before your test day to obtain a temporary parking permit. For additional information regarding the parking program at UAFS, visit our parking website.