You experience the UAFS difference the moment you step onto campus. The size of our university — just over 6,000 students — fosters a sense of belonging that isn't easily replicated at larger institutions.
UAFS is the most affordable four-year institution in the state of Arkansas and offers the same in-state tuition rates to residents of all bordering states. This affordability paired with more than 100 career-focused academic pathways, including certificates, associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, makes UAFS an incomparable value.
Already applied? Check your application status portal.
*Minimum of 12 transferrable credit hours, 2.0 GPA or higher.
Students who have previously attended other accredited colleges and universities may qualify for admission by completing the following actions and submitting the required documents to the Admissions Office:
- Apply for admission to UAFS.
- Submit official transcripts for all schools attended. Transcripts should show successful completion of entry-level English, reading, and math courses. Testing may be required if this is not shown.
- Proof of immunization against measles, mumps, and rubella. Immunity can be shown by providing proof of having received two doses of measles, two doses of mumps, and two doses of rubella vaccine.
- Students who have fewer than 13 college credit hours are required to submit official high school transcripts or GED scores.
- Wednesday January 3, 2024 - Spring 2024
- Wednesday May 22, 2024 - Summer 2024
- Friday August 2, 2024 - Fall 2024
Congratulations on your admission to the University of Arkansas - Fort Smith! You're just a few steps away from beginning your journey at UAFS.
- Complete your FAFSA.
- Submit proof of immunization against measles, mumps, and rubella. Immunity can be shown by providing proof of having received two doses of measles, two doses of mumps, and two doses of rubella vaccine. You can submit these through your UAFS Application Portal.
- Apply for UAFS Housing if you are interested in living on campus.
- Complete the New Student Form located in your UAFS Application Status Portal.
- Register for the Mane Event.
- Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor.
- Submit your official college transcripts by having your institution send them to Registrar@uafs.edu. This includes any concurrent coursework.