Workday Student is coming! The UA System has begun the process of creating a system wide student information system with the Workday Student product under the direction of ProjectOne.
This student information system will replace our campus’s use of Banner and will serve as a modern, cloud-based, product that will benefit students, staff, and faculty for many years to come. UAFS will begin implementation in the 2024-2025 academic year with training for staff and faculty beginning in 2023-2024.
UAFS team members are currently reviewing and creating the systems, and processes, for a smooth transition. The UAFS Workday Student implementation team is in regular communication with ProjectOne and works collaboratively on the creation and functionality of the new student information system.
It will likely be Fall 2023 before many users get access to Workday Student, when our testing phase begins. Testing will be done in a test environment (similar to banner test) called Workday Sandbox. Our institutional team is working with ProjectOne (the University of Arkansas System’s implementation team) to build a test environment, identify testers, and thoroughly review Workday Student in the current phase of this project.
Once testing begins I will begin reviewing documentation provided by ProjectOne and creating a variety of training and learning opportunities for campus. Training will be available before the first phased launch in 2024.
Since Workday Student is launching one functionality at a time, Banner will stay with us for a few more years. There may be times when users are accessing both systems at the same time. We are scheduled to be fully live in Workday Student in Fall 2025. Banner will be available to select administrative users for at least one year after go-live.
- Margaret Tanner, associate provost
- Wayne Womack, registrar
- Julie Mosley, director of ROAR First-Year Advising
- Shanna Turney, associate director of ROAR First-Year Advising
- Andrea McCaleb, director of Academic Programs Support
- Jennifer Holland, executive director of Student Retention
- Chastadee Bailey, associate registrar
- Sherry Burnett, associate registrar
- Kristen Merritt Beck, advising coordinator for the College of Arts and Sciences
- Chuck Ramseyer, controller
- Rebecca Cowan, senior accountant
- LeaAnn Slamons, bursar
- Lisa Lee, fiscal support supervisor
- Karen Jeffers, director of Financial Aid
- Megan Smith, assistant director of Financial Aid Operations
- Megan Gabbard, assistant director of Admissions Technology
- Pam Fout, associate director of IT
- Brett Arrington, executive director of Institutional Research
- Kaitlyn Sanson, assistant director of Admissions
- Monique Bracken, College of Business and Industry faculty
- Kayla Murray, College of Arts and Sciences faculty
- Cindy Parnell, College of Health, Education, and Human Sciences faculty
Questions? Contact Us.