Work study is a way for you to earn funds toward your educational expenses through part-time employment on campus. UAFS offers two work study programs: federal and university. Benefits include developing interpersonal skills, practicing time management skills, and getting a great reference from your supervisor for your resume.
Funds are not paid directly on the student’s account; however, the student may use the funds they earn to pay charges on their student account.
What is Federal Work Study?
Federal work study is a limited need-based fund. This means that, in order to participate, you must have financial need based on the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and Cost of Attendance (COA). In order to pursue federal work study, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Federal work study will be included in your financial aid award package. You will be paid using federal funds, but the award listed is only an estimate of what you could earn for the academic year. You may work up to 15 hours a week and earn the state minimum wage.
What is University Work Study?
University work study is not based on financial need. You will be paid with university funds and are not required to complete a FAFSA. University work study will not be included in your financial aid award package. You may work up to 15 hours a week and earn the state minimum wage.
How Do I Apply For a General Work Study Position?
- Apply here for Work Study pool
- Click the blue "Apply" button under UAFS Work Study – General
- Click on the “Apply Manually” button
- Click on the “Create Account” (If this is your first time applying). If it is not, you will skip steps 4 & 5 and will use your Workday login information you created to apply, this is not the same login as your my.uafs.
- Once you have filled out the account information click “Create Account”. *An email will be sent to you and you will need to follow the link that is in the email using the information you created for your Workday login*
- Follow the information that is given on the application and when you have completed all the required information click “Submit”
NOTE: UAFS does NOT assign work study jobs to any student.
What is the Hiring Process?
Once the job posting closes, applications and resumes will be sent to the hiring supervisor. If the supervisor is interested in a candidate, they will contact the student-worker to arrange an interview. If the supervisor wishes to hire the candidate, they will make a job offer.
How Will I Be Paid?
Work study students are paid the federal minimum wage. Pay will be direct deposited on a bi-weekly basis based on the hours worked.