The Consortium Agreement is a contract between two colleges/universities that recognizes your registration at each location for financial aid purposes. It also certifies that only one of the two institutions can administer Title IV and state financial aid. This Consortium Agreement refers to the two colleges/universities as the "Home Institution" and the "Host Institution."
The Home Institution (University of Arkansas - Fort Smith) is the school where the student is fully matriculated and from which they will earn a degree.
The Host Institution is where the student temporarily takes courses and whose credits will be transferred back to their "Home Campus."
There are specific guidelines you must meet to complete this process.
- You must be a degree-seeking student at UAFS.
- You must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and add the UAFS School code 001110.
- You will need to complete a UAFS Consortium Agreement which consists of four sections to be completed by the student, UAFS academic advisor, UAFS Financial Aid Office, and host school financial aid office.
- You are required to submit an official transcript to your academic advisor confirming completion of courses for the term attended within 30 days of your last date of enrollment at your host school.
- You must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Once the Financial Aid Office receives all required documents, your aid will be evaluated.
- If you have questions regarding this process, please contact the UAFS Financial Aid Office.