Skip to main contentSkip to main navigationSkip to footer content

Financial Aid FAQs

How can I get help filling out my Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)?

Our financial aid professionals are happy to help you complete your FAFSA. Please contact us by email at or by phone at 479-788-7090. If you are an admitted student you can set up an appointment by logging in to your student Navigate account.

My family situation has changed since I filed my FAFSA. Is there any way I can revise it to reflect my new situation?

Yes. The federal government allows schools to review a family's unique circumstances that are beyond a student's and their family's control to determine if the situation warrants special consideration. This is called Professional Judgement. If you believe this may apply to you, please visit our Professional Judgement webpage or contact our office.

How does UAFS process financial aid from outside scholarships?

If you are expecting a scholarship from an outside donor (not including state scholarships from ADHE), we will apply the scholarship as ESTIMATED FUNDS to your account only if you provide an Award Notification Letter stating the following:

  • Student’s full name and student ID number
  • Name of awarded scholarship with the contact name and phone number of the scholarship coordinator for your agency
  • Semesters of disbursement: fall only, spring only, summer only, or split between semesters. If there is no indication of which semester(s), the amount will be split equally between fall and spring.
  • What the scholarship will pay for (tuition and fees, books, supplies, room and board) and if the unused amount is refundable to the student
  • The estimated arrival date of the check to UAFS

Send award letters to

The estimated funds will remain on your account until Oct. 1 for fall and March 15 for spring semesters or until we receive the actual check from your donor. Please visit our Outside Scholarship page for additional details.