B.S.N. Admission Application
Students who meet the minimum requirements are eligible to submit an application for admission.
Eligible students must submit an application for admission to the advising coordinator for the College of Health, Education, and Human Sciences prior to the application deadlines.
- Accelerated B.S.N. Program -- March 1 for fall entry
- B.S.N. Program (Traditional) -- March 1 for fall entry and Oct. 1 for spring entry
Student Health Policy
The following records are required:
- CPR certification: Must be the American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers course. A copy must be front & back of the card, and the card must be signed.
- Proof of immunization:
- TST: (Mantous tuberculin skin test) – Initial testing: two-step tuberculin skin testing, a blood test, or a chest x-ray (if positive) and annually thereafter.
- TDaP: (Tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis) – Students are required to have TDaP, even if the Td (Tetanus and diphtheria) is less than 10 years old. TDaP is good for 10 years.
- HB: (Hepatitis B recombinant vaccine) – Three IM doses: Initial dose, second dose 4 weeks after the initial dose, third dose 8 weeks after second dose & at least 16 weeks after the first dose. Waiver must be signed if series is incomplete or refuses vaccine. (Waiver can be found in the Forms section of the handbook).
- MMR: (Measles, Mumps, Rubella vaccination) One of the following is required: 2 vaccinations or positive antibody titer for all 3 components (lab report required)
- VZV: (Varicella [Chicken Pox] zoster live virus vaccine) One of the following is required: 2 vaccinations, vaccines are given 4-8 weeks apart; positive antibody titer (lab report required).
- Influenza: Must have vaccination annually.