B.S.N. Admission Application
Students who meet the minimum requirements are eligible to submit an application for admission.
Eligible students must submit an application for admission online prior to the application deadlines.
- Accelerated B.S.N. Track -- March 1 for fall entry
- B.S.N. Program (Traditional) -- March 1 for fall entry and Oct. 1 for spring entry
Apply to the UAFS School of Nursing
Student Health Policy
The following records are required:
- CPR certificationn: Must be the American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers course. A copy must be front & back of the card, and the card must be signed.
- Proof of immunization:
- TST: (Mantous tuberculin skin test) – Initial testing: two-step tuberculin skin testing, a blood test, or a chest x-ray (if positive) and annually thereafter.
- TDaP: (Tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis) – Students are required to have TDaP, even if the Td (Tetanus and diphtheria) is less than 10 years old. TDaP is good for 10 years.
- HB: (Hepatitis B recombinant vaccine) – Three IM doses: Initial dose, second dose 4 weeks after the initial dose, third dose 8 weeks after second dose & at least 16 weeks after the first dose. Waiver must be signed if series is incomplete or refuses vaccine. (Waiver can be found in the Forms section of the handbook).
- MMR: (Measles, Mumps, Rubella vaccination) One of the following is required: 2 vaccinations or positive antibody titer for all 3 components (lab report required)
- VZV: (Varicella [Chicken Pox] zoster live virus vaccine) One of the following is required: 2 vaccinations, vaccines are given 4-8 weeks apart; positive antibody titer (lab report required).
- Influenza: Must have vaccination annually.
- COVID-19: A requirement of clinical placement