- Complete university admission requirements to include submission of official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- Have a minimum 2.00 GPA average for all college course work (including transfer work and excluding developmental courses) and be in good academic standing.
- Complete required prerequisite courses for the program with a minimum grade of C or higher in each course prior to fall entry; prerequisite courses are the first two semesters as listed on the degree plan for a total of 28 hours.
- Take the Psychological Services Bureau (PSB) Health Occupations Aptitude Examination.
This test will be given at least four times during the spring semester. Test information will be available the first week of each semester in the Student Advisement Center (Smith-Pendergraft Campus Center 219), the Academic Success Center (Vines 202), and on the College of Health, Education, and Human Sciences webpage.
- Pay the UAFS cashier the $25 non-refundable examination fee and obtain a receipt. Take the receipt to the Academic Success Center and sign up for desired test date. NOTE: Test dates may be changed within the same testing cycle if space is available.
- Tests are available on a first come, first serve basis until the maximum number is reached. Students may register for a test until the working day before the test unless the maximum number has already been reached.
- If a student does not test during the test cycle, the test fee will not be refunded and the receipt will not be held for the next testing cycle.
- 40% - Quality points earned for pre-requisite courses on the surgical technology degree plan (College credit earned through CLEP or AP for a course will not be used for ranking purposes.)
- 30% - Score earned on the PSB Exam
- 30% - Cumulative GPA
Students admitted into the surgical technology program must submit the following additional documentation prior to fall entry:
- Healthcare Provider Statement/Medical Release form
- Proof of immunizations
- CPR Certification: American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS)
- Criminal background check
- Drug screen